Minimum Standard Health Protocols
Revised May 11th, 2020
(With the recent changes to the Texas mask mandate and the executive order being lifted, we will continue to follow all COVID-19 protocols we have had in place)
School hours will be from 6:30am – 6:30pm
Parent Drop-off and Pick-up:
- The drop-off and pick-up of children will be completed under the portico.
- A member of the management team will assist your child to and from their classroom.
- We will have a hand hygiene station set up at the entrance, so that children can clean their hands before they enter.
- If possible, older people such as grandparents should not pick up children, because they are more at risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Individuals who are permitted to enter the facility must be screened daily prior to entering.
- An afternoon screening will also be done during afternoon snack.
- Any child or employee who has any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19 must be sent home:
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit, known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19
- Children or employees with the new or worsening signs or symptoms listed above may not return to the facility until:
- All three of the following criteria are met: at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications); and the individual has improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; or
- In the case of a child or employee who has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and does not get evaluated by a medical professional or tested for COVID-19, the individual is assumed to have COVID-19, and the individual may not return until the individual has completed the same three-step criteria listed above; or
- If the child or employee has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return before completing the above self-isolation period, the individual must obtain a medical professional’s note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis.
- If a parent believes that they or the child has had close contact to someone with COVID-19 but are not currently sick, they should monitor their health for the above symptoms during the 14 days after the last day they were in close contact with the individual with COVID-19.
- Teachers and staff will wear cloth face coverings at all times while in the building.
- Individualized stations during group activities while increasing distance between children.
- Should a child develop new symptoms while at the facility, the individual will be separated from well children and staff until they can be sent home.
- Affected areas will be disinfected following CDC guidelines
- Keeping children home and communicate with the management team if you or your child develop new or worsening symptoms.
- Social distancing practices will be in place where feasible; meaning that Donuts with Dad, 4th of July Parade and Summer Field Trips have been canceled until further notice.
- Access to the facility is limited to permitted individuals.
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting Measures:
- We have increased our normal daily cleaning throughout the school.
- Frequently touched toys and games are routinely cleaned, sanitized and disinfected.
- High-traffic areas such as doorknobs, handles, countertops, chairs, outdoor equipment, etc. are routinely cleaned, sanitized and disinfected.
- Nap blankets will be sent home every Friday to be washed and brought back on Monday.
- Nap mats will be sanitized and disinfected daily.
Food Preparation and Meal Service:
- Meals will continue to be prepared by Chef Leon and plated by teachers and staff.
- Teachers will closely watch children to discourage the sharing of food.
- Meals will be served in your child’s classroom instead of the cafeteria to support social distancing.
- Teachers will ensure children thoroughly wash their hands before and after meal time.
- Teachers will ensure their hands are thoroughly washed before preparing food.
COVID-19 Related Trainings:
- All teachers and staff have taken the following training related to COVID-19: