This program is for children around 3 – 4 years old.
Our cumulative curriculum continues to expand in this class. We continue to target Math, Science, Art, Movement and Music, and Language Skills.
Children begin their first Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Curriculum called Big Day in this classroom.
Big Day by Harcourt is a proven-effective comprehensive early learning program that embraces children’s natural curiosity and encourages them to explore and connect to the world around them.
Big Day includes five BIG elements of success:
- Big Experiences: each day is organized around three big experiences—whole group, circle time and story time lessons—that provide an anchor for conversation, play and learning.
- Meaningful Conversations: oral language is at the heart of Big Day instruction and the program provides opportunities for children to hear language modeled and use language in rich and varied contexts.
- The Best Children’s Literature and Nonfiction texts: the program surrounds children with a diverse collection of authentic literature and nonfiction: big books, lap books, little books, eBooks, video storybooks, audiobooks, take-home books, and downloadable books.
- Innovative Technology: the program features a robust collection of online resources and tools that support teachers and extend early learning into the home and community.
- Relevant: The program offers integration of all curriculum areas to meet TX state educational standards.
Included in your tuition are the enrichment classes. Computers and Gym 2 X a week each and Music Education 1 X a week. These are separate instructors and age appropriate curriculum.
Class time will be structured with group time, individual time, as well as free play time.
Monthly changing dramatic play centers are incorporated to encourage fun and imagination.
Children will go outside for 30 minutes in the morning and in the afternoon, weather permitting.
Please contact us to learn more about our programs!